Collaborate and support EBA member states in complying with data protection regulations, specifically GDPR
The Data Protection Officers’ Working Group focuses on ensuring compliance with data protection regulations, such as GDPR, while promoting knowledge sharing and collaboration among EBA member states.
Objectives and activities
The working group conducts regular meetings and works towards delivering its objectives:
- To share knowledge, learning and experience with DPOs from other EBA organisations.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the GDPR requirements as they apply to blood establishments.
- To establish and build a network of DPOs between member states of the EBA.
- To support EBA projects and working groups by providing advice and guidance in relation to Data Protection.
- To identify pieces of work that the EBA DPOs could collaborate on.
- To provide opportunities to network with institutions and colleagues in the same field outside of the EBA.