EBA Research and Development Grant
Call for Proposals is Open!
The EBA invites all members and members’ employees to submit a proposal for the EBA Research and Development Grant by 15th June 2023.
Proposals can be sent using the template form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th June, close of business.
This EBA Research and Development Grant was initiated based on the consideration that practical research in the field of blood components, tissues and cells is often excluded from the main research grants. The main goal of the proposal is that it should demonstrably improve EBA members’ performance or improve safety of blood, tissues and cells products. Key conditions for submitting a grant application:
The project leader has to be an employee of an EBA Member organisation, and the work has to be hosted by an EBA member organization;
- The deliverables need to be practically applicable for the members. Thus, fundamental basic research is excluded. Projects which are considered as blood establishment´s normal process improvement are also excluded from this grant;
- Research/project is not covered by any other grants (information on other pending applications should be disclosed);
- Maximum amount for an individual grant is €50.000. The committee may decide to divide the total amount available over more than one proposal;
- The submitting blood service needs to commit to co-funding of the proposal.
- Projects with 2 or more partnering institutions will not be a specific criterion, but such proposals will be given priority (if the quality of the grant is acceptable)
- Projects which are beneficial to a large group of EBA members are encouraged to include a communication plan to EBA members that will support sharing the findings
- Past awardees of the EBA Grant will be excluded for the subsequent two years
The full terms are included in the form template for EBA Grant. The research grant committee has been established and is chaired by Executive Board Member Stefan Laspina (Malta). The process consists of two tiers: in the first tier, the committee will check against conditions and the criteria. One or more of the received proposals will be forwarded to Tier 2, with possible comments or suggestions by the committee. After this step, they will advise the EBA Executive Board on awarding the grant.
- Call for papers open: 15 January – 15 June 2023
- Tier 2: 1 July-15 September 2023
- Grant announcement: 6 November 2023
- 16 million donations
- 400 million population