job opening: advocacy officer
EBA IS RECRUITING
EBA is looking for a full-time* policy officer/adviser (PO) to join its Brussels secretariat for an immediate start.
We offer the opportunity to work as part of a small team and the chance to significantly contribute to the next set of EU legislation that will form the basis on the European blood banking rules for the the next decade. The post is in Brussels, Belgium. We offer a competitive salary and an indefinite contract (CDI).
Your main tasks will be:
- Monitoring, analysing and advising on legal and political developments affecting the blood sector at European level, particularly in the following areas: regulatory developments that affect Blood Establishments activities in the field of safety and quality, and plasma collection, notably for the upcoming revision of the Blood Tissues and Cells Directives. The Officer will also provide support to the team concerning the follow-up and analysis of Medical Devices & In Vitro Devices regulations, innovation/new products policy and other relevant topics;
- Co-representing EBA at the EU institutions and in activities with stakeholders;
- Preparing position papers and other policy documents, studies and presentations;
- Communicating with and responding to members;
- Contributing to external communication materials;
- Giving support in organisation of EBA events.
- A university (Master or higher) degree;
- Knowledge of EU affairs; experience in blood banking policy and legislation would be an asset;
- Relevant advocacy, government affairs, relationship-building and stakeholder engagement experience (minimum 6 years);
- Strong understanding and experience of the EU health stakeholder environment and EU policy- making processes;
- Strong advocacy, communication (verbally and in written) and interpersonal skills,;
- Track record of stakeholder engagement capabilities on complex projects;
- An ability to operate in complex, cross-functional teams from a wide range of disciplines;
- High personal accountability and integrity combined with the ability and experience to communicate to shape policy and decision-making at a senior and strategic level
- Collaborative working style, high commitment and motivation
- Excellent command of written and spoken English- mother tongue level;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Well-developed social, organisational and communication skills;
- Dynamic and flexible personality; self-starter;
- Capacity to work independently and in a small team;
- Knowledge of a second EU working language, such as French (work is based in Brussels) is a plus;
- Work permit for the European Union
The policy adviser will report directly to the Executive Director.
We offer a competitive salary, extra legal holidays and meal-vouchers as extra-legal benefit.
To apply, please email a short covering letter and a CV to c.hartmann [at] europeanbloodalliance.eu. Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding on this. Applications will be reviewed immediately after reception and the recruitment process closed when a suitable candidate is confirmed. The starting date is as soon as possible.
*negotiable: part-time (4 days a week) could be considered
- 16 million donations
- 400 million population