EBA has several position papers:
- EBA Position Paper: “Blood is Priceless” – May 2021
On the occasion of the revision of the EU Blood Tissues and Cells Directives, EBA presents its key six recommendations to the European Commission, Member States representatives and Members of the European Parliament.
The EU Directives, despite some limitations that now need to be addressed, have provided an important and solid foundation for the implementation of standardised methods and practices to achieve high quality and safety of Substances of Human Origin. EU not-for-profit Blood Establishments, based on their almost 20 years of experience with the present EU Blood Tissues and Cells (BTC) Directives shared with EU policy makers elements to improve and make more efficient the future EU legislation in this field.
- EBA Fact Sheet on establishing a formal relationship between the European Directives on blood and blood components and the Council of Europe Guide (and summary CoE guide)
- EBA fact sheet on European self-sufficiency for blood components and plasma for fractionation (and summary Self Sufficiency)
- EBA Fact Sheet on Voluntary Non-Remunerated Blood Donation (and summary VNRD)
- EBA fact sheet on Blood Donor Selection (and summary Donor Selection)
- EBA position paper on coding and labeling
- EBA position paper on donor selction criteria for MSM
- 16 million donations
- 400 million population