Eurobloodpack 1: Whole Blood Collection Systems and Ancillary Processing Systems
The current Framework Agreement for Eurobloodpack 1 (Whole blood Collection and Ancillary Packs) has been awarded for the period 01 May 2013 – 30 April 2017.
The technical specifications contain:
- three product specifications for primary collection systems including Top and Top Collection System for whole blood filtration, Bottom and Top System for Red cell concentrate (RCC) filtration and a Bottom and Top System for RCC filtration with Integral Plasma Filter.
- ten product specifications for ancillary processing packs:
- Whole Blood Dry Pack
- Quadruple Transfer Set
- Sextuplet Transfer Set
- Single Transfer Pack
- Cryoprecipitate Pooling Pack
- Plasma Filter Set (Single or Double) Pack
- Platelet Pooling Filter Pack
- Platelet Storage Pack
- Platelet Pooling Filter Pack with integral sample pouch
Contract management operations consist of:
- Ongoing supplier performance reviews, looking at joint defect monitoring, business continuity stock levels and tracking purchase volumes.
- Ongoing specification/ change control meetings.
- 17 million donations
- 470 million population