Job opening: Medical Director
The European Blood Alliance (EBA) is looking for an expert with medical and blood service background to serve as a part-time Medical Director of EBA. The Medical Director will bring her/his expertise to support the secretariat and will report to the Executive Director (ED). She/he will work preferably in Belgium or virtual if the person is not based in Belgium
The Medical Director’s key goals are:
- Supporting the EBA membership by sharing technical and medical information in relation to blood services,
- Contributing to EBA strategy and policies in close collaboration with the ED, President and Executive of EBA,
- Implementing activities as set in the strategic and yearly plans, in close collaboration with the ED and EBA secretariat,
- Representing EBA together with the ED when medical expertise is sought, in meetings and in collaboration with other stakeholders, including EU institution representatives,
- Acting as a facilitator of knowledge exchange on technical and medical matters, among EBA members and within working groups and projects.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate achievements in the field of blood services, have a thorough knowledge in transfusion medicine, donor management and health, as well as be able to work with a diversity of profiles, nationalities and cultures. A track record of networking and interacting with blood services from various countries would be a bonus.
Further information and contact persons in the attachment.
- 17 million donations
- 470 million population