EBA has several Working Groups which support EBA’s mission to share knowledge and deliver evidence-based information:
- Benchmarking – Co-chairs: Laura Hontoria Del Hoyo (NHSBT) and Jarkko Ihalainen (Finnish Red Cross)
- Contingency Planning – Chair: Paul McKinney, Irish Blood and Transfusion Services
- Donor Studies Special Interest Group – Chair: Christian Erikstrup, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
- Emerging Infectious Disease (EID) Monitor – Chair: Wolfgang Mayr, Austrian Red Cross
- EU Blood Directives Revision WG – Co-chairs: Wolfgang Mayr, Austrian Red Cross and Marie Frostin, EFS
- Data privacy officers – Chair: Sabrina Keenan, Irish Blood and Transfusion Services
- Plasma supply – Chair: Markus Jarnig, Austrian Red Cross
- Quality Control Proficiency Testing Scheme working Group (QCPTS-WG) – Chair: Stéphane Bégué, EFS
- Innovation working group – Chair: Dirk de Korte, Sanquin (Netherlands)
EBA members are invited to join and contribute to the work of the Working Groups, meeting regularly via teleconferences, or physical meetings. Working groups share the outputs of their work with all EBA members and help shape the basis of EBA’s positions and recommendations.
All working groups are autonomous and draft their own meeting agendas, their terms of reference and outputs they wish to deliver, under the guidance of the EBA secretariat.
If you wish to join one or several of the working groups, or to be provided with more information, please contact the EBA secretariat: info (at) europeanbloodalliances.eu
* To Be Confirmed (TBC): all working groups chairs must be approved by the EBA Board; TBC is mentioned for individuals who have not yet been approved as Chair by the Board.
- 16 million donations
- 400 million population